Software / Server engineer
As a Software Engineer within our Server Engineering team you will work collaboratively with the Dev team as well as Mobile Operator’s to help build network stack to support millions of users. You come from a systems or development background (or are comfortable in both areas). You are self-directed and have the ability to track solutions from design through implementation, owning every step along the way. We strive for a deep understanding of the core technologies that are being used while building redundancy and establishing best practices.
We've developed a platform that integrates with mobile client side library and apps along with mobile network carrier systems. The Server Engineer would be responsible for further developing, securing, and scaling the backend infrastructure to support the platform in order to handle millions of concurrent API calls.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years work experience, including programming experience in Scala, PHP, C++
- 2-3 years of experience building secure scalable web services
- Experience with RESTful services
- Good understanding of network stack and HTTP protocol
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading, or asynchronous programming
- Understanding of data modeling in SQL and/or NoSQL environment
- Experience with AWS, Ansible, Kafka and Spark would be a plus
As a Infrastructure Engineer you would work collaboratively with our software engineers to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes, and troubleshoot issues within multiple environments. The role will encompass the use of a broad range of AWS technologies, operating systems (Linux) and application environments (NGINX, MySQL), with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice cloud security principles.
You would be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep the backend infrastructure running smoothly. On top of that you would do Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services. You will also evaluate new technology options and vendor products while ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Experience with system monitoring tools (eg. Graphite)
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- 2+ years experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies
- Ability to maintain cloud based solutions with emphasis on cloud security
- Solid automation experience with configuration management tools
Customer Support Engineer
The Customer Support Engineer Lead is responsible for providing professional and efficient support. A strong customer service mindset is the key to succeeding in this role. This hand on team lead will assist with the standardization of our services and processes.
You would be responsible for providing first and second level of support for customer and system incidents as well as requests using basic technical and service knowledge. This means that you will assume ownership for the coordination, investigation and documentation of customer service incidents. Until a request is resolved, you will have to monitor the issue and demonstrate a good understanding of the customer's business needs. After resolving a request, you will need to follow up to ensure customer satisfaciton. Throughout this process you will be required to develop and maintain an understanding of customer Service Level Agreements.
- 3+ years minimum technical support experience
- Significant experience troubleshooting system and network problems
- Significant experience in technical support environments
- Strong IT background
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Written and Verbal skills – ability to gather and communicate information accurately
- Ability to analyze current policies and recommend changes
- SME in the area of developing new technical documents