Software / Server engineer
You will work collaboratively with the Dev team as well as Mobile Operator’s to help build network stack to support millions of users. You come from a systems or development background (or are comfortable in both areas). You are self-directed and have the ability to track solutions from design through implementation, owning every step along the way. We strive for a deep understanding of the core technologies that are being used while building redundancy and establishing best practices.
We've developed a platform that integrates with mobile client side library and apps along with mobile network carrier systems. The Server Engineer would be responsible for further developing, securing, and scaling the backend infrastructure to support the platform in order to handle millions of concurrent API calls.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years work experience, including programming experience in Scala, PHP, C++
- 2-3 years of experience building secure scalable web services
- Experience with RESTful services
- Good understanding of network stack and HTTP protocol
- Experience with concurrency, multithreading, or asynchronous programming
- Understanding of data modeling in SQL and/or NoSQL environment
- Experience with AWS, Ansible, Kafka and Spark would be a plus
If you thrive on working with big data in high performance teams then this is the place for you. You would work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable and insightful information. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise and practical experience working with large-scale distributed systems. Finally, you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base.
You will manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products. You will interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs. In addition, you will design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production. You will work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution. Be prepared to build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to your customers as well as design and extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data to our Data Warehouse. You will use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Python, Scala, Java and PHP and work across multiple teams in high visibility roles.
- 2+ years of Scala and/or Python development experience is necessary
- 2+ years of SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, etc) experience is required
- 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years or experience applying statistical data analysis to real-life problems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Previous experience with Data ingestion and IR (information retrieval) is highly desirable
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty
You will advocate, evangelize and build data-fuelled products that help our customers improve customer insights. You’ll dig in and become an expert on Mobile Operator datasets. You will provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables.
You will work with cross-functional team members internally as well as those of partners to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas. You will lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for Mobile Operators You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes. As our data scientist, you will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (CS, Stats, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- 2+ years professional experience working in a quantitative and analytical role
- Fluent in at least one object-oriented programming language (Python highly preferred)
- Ability to query a SQL and/or NoSQL database efficiently
- Proficiency in statistical model development including data cleaning, model building and model performance testing
- Ability to interpret the data and extract business insights and action items
- Experience with data visualization
- Familiarity with a cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Eager to learn new languages and tools when needed
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field
- Experience setting up and using big data frameworks such as Spark
- Experience with automating and productionizing data pipelines and predictive models
- Experience building dashboards
Nice to Have
You are a passionate analytical thinker comfortable analyzing large amounts of data with experience in driving user growth on mobile Apps. You’ll be responsible for optimizing the life cycle experience for users after purchase as well as improving renewal and engagement metrics. In this role, optimization instincts, product savvy, and an analytical mindset are key to driving growth, engagement, and monetization.
- Manage and monitor performance against acquisition goals, and help define and calculate those goals based on business objectives.
- Use analytics/data to understand our members in depth, and convert this data into actionable insights to acquire more high-value members.
- You will be working collaboratively with member from cross-functional teams
- Experience in B2B, SaaS, startups, and/or high-tech
- You are collaborative, have an upbeat work ethic and love taking ownership, learning, and having fun. You love challenges and growth is your true north.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as well as identifying trends that will impact our business
- Expertise in data-driven marketing. Ability to analyze complex data sets is required. Ability to extract data from a database is a plus.
- Lead strategy for major customer lifecycle goals
- Provide customer insight by blending data with a deep understanding of user needs
- Account Management experience